All members on Slated have the ability to control who they and their film pages receive messages from — reasonably, many members limit this to only those who either match their Interests/Opportunities, or that have met a specified score threshold (i.e. they will accept messages from members if they have Slated scores of 10+).
From an Interest/Opportunity Matches List, clicking the Send Interest button will send an introduction request. Once the recipient accepts this request, you'll find it has started a message thread in your inbox.
Messaging on Slated now features:
- Real-time, mobile friendly chat, enabling rapid conversations on the go
- Accept / ignore (or block) new intros
- See if a message has been read
- Delete sent message before it’s read (2 minute limit)
- Improved search, filters, and context to find specific conversations and not lose track of which projects and opportunities you are messaging about
- Reply to messages via email
When visiting any person or film profile, an orange and active 'Message' button means you are able to send a message.
If you see a greyed out and inactive 'Message' button, or no 'Message' button at all, then you either do not meet their messaging requirements, or this person or film is not accepting messages at this time.