All members on Slated have the ability to control who they and their projects receive messages from — reasonably, many members limit this to only those who either match their Interests/Opportunities, or that have met a specified score threshold (i.e. they will accept messages from members if they have Slated scores of 10+).
From an Interest/Opportunity Matches List, clicking the Send Interest button will send an introduction request. Once the recipient accepts this request, you'll find it has started a message thread in your inbox.
Messaging on Slated now features:
- Real-time, mobile friendly chat, enabling rapid conversations on the go
- Accept / ignore (or block) new intros
- See if a message has been read
- Delete sent message before it’s read (2 minute limit)
- Improved search, filters, and context to find specific conversations and not lose track of which projects and opportunities you are messaging about
- Reply to messages via email
When visiting any person or project profile, an orange and active 'Message' button means you are able to send a message.
If you see don't see an active orange 'Message' button, then you either do not meet their messaging requirements, or this person or project is not accepting messages at this time.