We charge two types of fees for listed projects:
- Script Analysis ($395) Allows you to activate opportunity matching to cast and crew.
Note: If you don’t have a screenplay, no problem! You can pre-purchase Script Analysis, get matched to a writer, and submit the script at a later date once it’s ready.
- Financial Analysis ($995) Allows you to activate opportunity matching to investors, sales agencies, and distributors.
- Script & Financial Analysis Bundle ($995 - includes free Script Analysis) Allows you to make your project visible on our marketplace, and activate opportunity matching to the entire Slated community.
Zero Risk Success Fees:
- 1-5% of your production budget + 1-5% of your project’s net profits
- An "In Association with Slated" title card & logo credit
- Fees due *only* when your project goes into production (or distribution if applicable).
- Net profits due *only* after your project recoups 120% of its production budget
- Select qualifying projects may be eligible for our Executive Producer Services, which have custom success fees.
The "Fine Print"
What triggers Slated’s Success Fees?
You *only* pay us if your project goes into production, and *only* for successfully finding and attaching key team members via Slated, as listed below:
- 1% of production budget + 1% of net profits for one or more cast attachments.
- 1% of production budget + 1% of net profits for one or more crew attachments (includes writer, director, producer).
- 3% of production budget + 3% of net profits for one or more investor attachments (includes producer or executive producer attachments that lead to financing).
- 2% of production budget + 2% of net profits for one or more sales agent or distributor attachments.
- Capped fee guarantee: Under no circumstances will fees exceed 5% of production budget + 5% of net profits for matching to the entire Slated community.
If your project only attaches a sales agent or distributor after production is completed, you *only* pay Slated the sales & distribution portion of the fee out of the project’s gross revenues. If your project never commences production, or if your project doesn’t attach any team members via Slated, then you owe us nothing at all. Note: Select qualifying projects may be eligible for our Executive Producer Services, which have custom success fees.
All fees payable to Slated from the production budget must be paid in full no later than the first day of principal photography. You shall provide Slated with a copy of the full production budget in advance of paying the fee.
What does “via Slated” mean exactly?
If you use Slated’s tools to promote your project to people and companies who subsequently become attached, then that’s considered “via Slated.” Anyone attached to your project and added to the project profile prior to it being visible to the marketplace is not considered “via Slated.” You will be solely responsible for ensuring that every person or entity attached to your project in advance of using Slated’s tools is added to your project profile prior to your profile going live. Any person or entity added to your profile after going live will be considered “via Slated” and will trigger payment of Slated’s fees.
How do you define “net profits?”
“Net profits” are any and all revenue received by or credited to your project from any and all sources after your project recoups 120% of the cost of production, including any deferred fees (capped at 20% of budget). The definition of net profits shall be no less favorable than the definition accorded to any other participant and there shall be no other earlier or more favorable definition. Slated shall be afforded the same waterfall audit rights as all other participants in your project. Slated’s portion of net profits shall be accounted for and paid on a most favored nations basis with all other participants, and Slated shall have customary audit and accounting rights on a most favored nations basis with all participants. In addition, you agree to engage an approved collection account manager (Fintage and Freeway are pre-approved), and to include Slated as a party to the collection account management agreement so we can receive our portion of net profits directly.
When, and how, do I make the success fee payment?
Slated will invoice your production. The invoice will reflect the budget listed on your project profile and note which attachments came via Slated; payment will be due upon commencement of principal photography (or as otherwise noted on the invoice). Payment may be made via wire transfer (instructions will be included on the invoice).
What on screen credits does Slated receive?
Subject to distributor approval, an "In Association with Slated" company credit on a single card and animated logo credit in the main titles, adjacent to all other production company credits, in a size, type, style and duration no less favorable than any other company credit on the film. Slated’s “In Association With” credit and bug logo shall also appear in the billing block, in paid advertisements and wherever else the billing block appears, including in ancillary materials, in a size, type, style and duration no less favorable than any other production company credit.
Is this the entirety of the agreement?
Yes, other than adding that these terms and conditions shall be interpreted and governed by California law.
At what point does the Success Fees Agreement come into effect?
The first time you make your project profile visible to the marketplace, you will be prompted to review and agree to the Success Fees. You will then receive a confirmation by email that is signed and time stamped.